“Day After” Potato Pancakes
2 lbs leftover mashed potatoes
4 oz grated raw onion
3 egg yolks
3 TBSP flour
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
3 TBSP butter, divided
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
1. Saute onion in 1 TBSP butter on low til tender, 3 minutes.
2. Combine potatoes, eggs, flour and nutmeg in bowl; mix well.
3. Mix in onion, salt and pepper.
4. With wet hands, form mixture into small pancakes, and dip into panko bread crumbs to coat.
5. Heat remaining butter in skillet. Saute pancakes in butter on low heat until lightly browned, flip, and cook til crispy. Serve immediately.