The shrimp are jumpin out of the bayou! Quick scoop those clean and crisp shrimp up! Try cooking Chef Bill’s Creole Shrimp Recipe. Guaranteed to get your Taste-buds a hoppin!
- 3 TBL olive oil (divided into two equal portions)
- 16 jumbo shrimp( 16-20 size)
- 1.25 TBL Beck’s Angel Dust
- 1.25 TBL Beck’s Devil Dust
- 1 shrimp bouillon( Swiss Knorr does a acceptable product)
- ¾ cup white wine ( chardonnay or pinot grisio)
- 2 cups diced tomato
- 4 oz celery, small diced
- 4 oz green bell pepper, small diced
- 4 oz onion, small diced
- 4 ea garlic cloves, sliced
- 2tbl butter, unsalted
- ½ cup water
- 4 scallions, sliced on a bias (will use as garnish)
- 4 cups white or brown rice cooked
- Wash and dry shrimp
- Toss with olive oil and Beck’s Angel Dust and Beck’s Devil Dust
- Add to preheated sauté pan and sauté until halfway cooked (will be pink-white with plenty of “give” to the flesh)
- Remove the shrimp and set aside while we stager cook the rest of the ingredients
- Add celery, pepper, and onion, sauté till lightly caramelized (about 2-3 minutes)
- Now add the garlic, cook till lightly browned about 30 seconds.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, allow to flame up, and add bouillon cube.
- Add the diced tomatoes and water, simmer for 2 minutes
- Add the shrimp back to the pan cook for I minute
- Cut butter into 4 equal pieces and add to the sauté pan, turn off the flame. Stir in the butter till fully incorporated into the dish.
- Divide Creole shrimp into 4 equal portions in wide shallow bowls, pull the 4 shrimp per bowl to the outer edge of the bowl to allow room to put a nice round hot steaming scoop( ice cream scoop ) of rice in the center of the bowl and garnish with fresh scallion.
Need to add some Cajun flare to your next event? Try Beck’s Cajun Catering at your next event.